surreallis has kindly granted me permission to open the community up for another round of world-destruction, so here we are! The new round is basically going to run the same way the last round did. The biggest change is that we're now open to prompts from all three Stargate shows.
The Official Rules
1. Readers and writers will submit screened prompts to the prompt post.
2. I will make a grand master list of prompts and post them all at once.
3. Writers will claim a prompt they wish to write. One writer per prompt.
4. Writers will have a significant amount of time to write their stories.
5. Writers will post their stories during the week that fics are due.
6. ALL SHALL ENJOY!
July 22 - July 31: Prompts will be taken.
August 1: Prompts will be posted.
August 1 – August 14: Prompts will be claimed. Writing can start immediately. (This is the initial claim period; we'll still be open to prompt claiming after this.)
September 20 - September 30: Stories should be posted sometime during this week.
1. Anyone can submit prompts. Even if you’re not a writer and/or don’t plan on writing.
2. Prompts must be more than one word. Traditional apocafic prompts are welcome, as well as those that put a different spin on things. Try and get creative. You can use specific scenarios, a series of words, lyrics (try to keep these down to a few lines), quotes, pictures (no non-work safe pics please!), episodes, etc....
3. You CAN require specific pairings for your prompts. You cannot specify ‘het only’ or ‘slash only’, although you can specify ‘Gen’ or ‘Team’. We all have those prompts that we really want to see written for our OTP.
4. You can also submit general prompts that can be written with any pairing or any way the author sees fit.
5. Please submit multiple prompts. And please submit both pairing specific prompts and general prompts that can be written by anyone for any or no pairing. That way we’ll have a big variety and, hopefully, everybody will be happy.
6. I reserve the right to throw out prompts that are only one word, that are repeats of another prompt (unless they’re a different pairing) or that are graphic and intense. (You really have to submit something pretty sick to gross me out, so I don’t foresee this as a problem. It’s really more of a ‘don’t post pics of entrails’ type of thing.)
1. Prompts will be first come/first serve. I realize this gives my half of the world a slight advantage, but I’m hoping there will be plenty of prompts, and people normally take a while to decide anyway.
2. You may claim one prompt during the adoption period.
3. Once the adoption period ends, you MAY exchange your prompt for another unclaimed prompt at any time. If you get stuck, see if there’s something else you want to write.
4. If you’re one of those irritating writers who finishes their prompt early, and you want to write another one, you can claim a second unclaimed prompt and write again. But only after you finish your first prompt. And only after the initial adoption period ends.
5. Please try and finish your story. If you can’t do it, just reply to this post and tell me. I’ll be very nice about it and add your prompt back into the pot.
Completing your work:
The good thing about this sort of ficathon is that if people ditch their stories there won’t be anyone waiting for a story to be written for them. The bad thing is that people won’t feel as committed to finishing their stories.
It used to be that adopting a prompt was a soul-binding contract. I'm not quite that demanding. But do try to finish if you can. And I can't do anything for those of you who already surrendered soul-bits to surreallis.
Note: This is not the prompt post. Prompts go over here.
Please reply to this post with questions, comments, snide remarks and early notifications of inability to finish a story so that I can release your prompt back into the wild. COMMENTS ARE SCREENED. Comments and questions will be unscreened; drop-out notifications will remain screened.
Finally, please pimp! There are some banners here. If you want to make your own, please, go ahead.